Friday 25 March 2011

Friday's Finest

a meme hosted by Justine at A Bookful of Thoughts
Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.

***
My favourite quotes are usually the quirky or funny ones, and this time's no different:

from Wolves, Boys & Other Things That Might Kill Me
by Kristen Chandler

I get out of the car, and Virgil walks over and takes a picture of me telling my dad I don't need a coat. "I love family portraits," he says. (139)

I love this. How the dialogue is presented matches how the protag, KJ, talks and thinks, and this little snippet shows several things about Virgil, too: a) he's got a sense of humour; b) he's a photographer; c) he's reasonably close to KJ and her father.

Think you'll be picking this up?