Sunday 3 April 2011

In My Mailbox

a meme hosted by The Story Siren
***
Literally in my mailbox (thanks, Penguin!):
Back When You Were Easier To Love by Emily Wing Smith: I'm in a couple chapters already, and I'd say the only thing this book's got going for it is the author's snazzy middle name.

So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti: Loved this one. I've never read Sarah Dessen, but if she's anything like this author (they're compared), I'm totally on it.

Exile by Anne Osterlund: Hmm, I haven't read the first book, Aurelia. I wonder what I'm going to do with this?

On The Volcano by James Nelson: Seems pretty cool, what with there being a volcano. (Volcanoes are highly underrated. Really.)

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey: So, yes, more paranormal. I hadn't heard of this one before, so I'm hoping it's not a paranormal-read-alike.
 
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor: I've started this, and honestly, I'm not sure what to make it. Endorsed by Dianna Wynne Jones (RIP) and Ursula K La Guin, but it's a little... odd.
 
 
And Penguin also sent along a sci-fi anthology, a graphic novel and Nathan Bransford's middle-grade illustrated novel, Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow. None of these are illegible to be reviewed on PtC, so I didn't include their images, but a big THANK YOU to Penguin Canada for sending them!
 
What's in your mailbox?