Sunday 29 April 2012

In My Mailbox

a meme hosted by The Story Siren
***
Literally in the mail (thanks I guess Simon & Schuster):



Surrender by Elana Johnson: I've figured out what kind of book this is three chapters in without even having read the prequel. It's the type that likes to throw twists as sharp and as uncomfortable as knives in hopes of being called "breathtaking" and also throw lots of infodumps on a world so it'll be hailed as developed.

Never Enough by Denise Jaden: Me, reading this: GIRL Y U NO HAVE SELF-ESTEEM?

The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent: The only one I'm actually looking forward to reading. Steampunk, whoot!

Envy by Elizabeth Miles: OMG is she going to have seven books with all the sins as titles no no no *goes to Goodreads* oh, PHEW. But I don't want this anyway.

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian: ooh, love the cover. Other than that, my only relevant thought is: how do you pronounce "Siobhan" again?

...So I guess you can see that S&S has pulled the old trick again and sent me a bunch of random books that I probably won't like. *pulls hair* Hope your mailbox was more satisfactory...