Sunday 17 April 2011

In My Mailbox

a meme hosted by The Story Siren
***
In the mail (thanks, Penguin!):


Eona by Alison Goodman: Eon (to which Eona is the sequel) was really good, but some of the Booklist, Publishers Weekly, etc. reviews are making me wary of this one. We'll see.
 *
Via NetGalley:

 
The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross: I've heard a ton about this one, so I'm pretty excited to see whether this steampunk YA lives up to the hype.

Ultraviolet by R J Anderson: Aliens are involved. They always turn me off, but there's also synesthesia, which has got to be the coolest neurological phenomenon.


The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter: Another mythology twist? So far, only the middle-grade Percy Jackson series has caught my fancy, none of the YA at all.

Brooklyn, Burning by Steve Brezenoff: Music + a street story + true love = completely epic-sounding. Why haven't I heard of this before?

What's in your mailbox?